Mike Traxler is a shareholder of the firm who focuses on serving the legal needs of businesses in the trucking and construction industries. His legal practice focuses in the areas of commercial motor vehicle, construction, and premises liability litigation. He has litigation experience in 43 of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties. He also has a significant amount of experience handling cases in the United States District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania. In addition to non-jury trials and resolving hundreds of cases via mediation and arbitration, he has tried cases before juries in Cumberland County, Lackawanna County, Greene County, and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Williamsport and Scranton Divisions).
Prior to joining Reager & Adler, Mike was a litigator for nine years in the Harrisburg office of a prominent Philadelphia insurance defense firm. He was responsible for the immediate response investigation of more than 100 incidents involving catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Through this evidence gathering and preservation experience, Mike has demonstrated the ability to put clients in a strategic position when it comes to advancing their interests in future litigation and, in some circumstances, avoiding lawsuits altogether. He now serves a general counsel to motor carriers and coordinates the investigation of accidents that occur throughout the country. As general counsel to the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, Mike stays on top of the ever changing regulations and issues impacting the trucking industry.
Utilizing his in depth knowledge of the issues that impact the trucking and construction industries, Mike is also frequently called upon to interpret federal and state regulations and statutes and implement strategies to protect the business interests of clients. Mike serves as counsel to numerous construction contractors and subcontractors, and product manufacturers. His services to these clients include handling breach of contract claims, client transactional needs, and business formation.
The breadth of Mike’s experience both in and out of court provides him with the ability to understand and meet client needs. He knows that those needs often fall outside of the typical work day and is available 24/7.
Mike has lived in Central Pennsylvania for over twenty-five years. When not in the office or court, you will find Mike enjoying time with his family, volunteering for the Susquehanna River Trail Association, kayak fishing, or skiing.
- Pennsylvania State University, BS
- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, JD
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Inn of Court
- Co-Chair of the People’s Law School (2006)
- Recipient of 2008 Rising Star Recognition by Law Politics Magazine
- General Counsel to the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
- President of the Susquehanna River Trail Association (2016-present)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Central Pennsylvania Chapter, Honored as Top Fundraiser for the 2015 Breath of Life Gala
- Member, Board of Governors (2004-2005)
- Member, Board of Counselors (2005-2008)
- Member, General Alumni Association Board of Directors (2005-2008)
- Mentor, First-Year Student Mentorship Program (2011-present)
- Rawle’s Reports, Volume 16, Number 10: “Danger Invites Rescue”
- New Jersey Trucking News, June 16, 2011: Is Your Driver a “Professional Driver”?
- Transportation Law Update, Volume 12, Number 2
- Transportation Law Update, Volume 9, Number 4: Scranton Verdict!
- Speaker at the 2006 Annual Conference of the Pennsylvania Ground Water Association