Our transportation law attorneys understand and have experience with the complex and ever-changing regulations impacting the transportation industry and provide services in the following areas:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Pennsylvania Intrastate Motor Carrier Safety Requirements
- Driver qualification and hiring
- Hours of service regulations, audits and violations
- Independent owner operator vs. employee driver issues
- Permitting and permit violations
- Safety compliance and safety audits
- Truck accident investigations (see below for more information)
- Independent owner operator agreements
- Equipment lease and purchase agreements
- Facility lease and purchase agreements
- Traffic citations & traffic tickets
- Labor and employment issues
As General Counsel and Board Members to the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, our team stays on top of developments in the trucking industry.
Our knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and transactional issues impacting the transportation industry proves valuable when disputes arise but, more importantly, our services in these areas can help our clients avoid the dangers associated with regulation non-compliance and agreements with unfavorable contractual terms.
In need of a commercial truck lawyer or maybe you have a question and need some advice? Contact us today.
Commercial Motor Vehicle Claims
- Personal injury and wrongful death defense
- Motor vehicle accident investigations
- Pre-litigation advice and counsel to claims professionals
- Cargo and property damage claims
- Carrier/shipper/broker disputes
- Traffic citations and permit violations
- Record retention and evidence preservation
- Recovery of unlawfully seized equipment
If your company or insured has been involved in an accident that warrants retention of counsel to protect work product and attorney-client privileges (as well as the interests of the driver and company), we are available to assist 24/7 by calling (717) 385-9636 and (267) 334-6909.
Our experience comes from handling the investigation and defense of hundreds of accidents involving commercial motor vehicles and provides our clients with a strategic advantage when it comes to advancing their interests in claims and lawsuits. Our evaluation of each assignment begins with a thorough analysis of the issues impacting liability and damages. We then work with our clients to formulate a strategy to reach a practical resolution of every matter. Whether the claim warrants pre-litigation settlement discussions, mediation, or an aggressive defense through trial, our litigators have the experience to meet those needs.
Have an accident you need help with? Contact us today or call the number above.
For our transportation clients looking to grow their business, our commercial real estate, land use and zoning, municipal law, and construction law groups are available to assist with the legal issues associated with purchasing or leasing commercial property and building new facilities.