- Ensuring that meetings of local government agencies comply with applicable laws
- Assessing the legality of proposed actions
- Preparation of ordinances, resolutions, rules, and regulations
- Preparation and review of contracts and lease agreements
- Representation of legal actions before judicial, quasi-judicial authorities/courts and tribunals
- Filing and enforcing municipal liens for delinquent utility accounts
- Assistance with sewage facilities issues
- Resolving issues with the Ethics Act including representation before the State Ethics Commission or the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court
- Resolving issues with the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law or Sunshine Laws including appeals to the Pennsylvania Department of Open Records
Reager & Adler, PC serves as solicitor for townships, boroughs, municipal sewer and water authorities, and zoning hearing boards in central Pennsylvania. Additionally, we provide help in instances when the current solicitor has a conflict or cannot represent the governing body in a unique or specialized area of law. We also serve as special counsel to municipalities in various areas of municipal law such as zoning and subdivision matters.
I have practiced in the area of Municipal Law for over 40 years. I enjoy working with local governments and agencies and I particularly like my interactions with municipal officials. My preferred focus and expertise all begin at the local level.